The Frederikshavn municipality plans to use 100% renewable energy by 2030. The project “Energy City” strives for citizen participation and created several opportunities for the public to take part, e.g. through a forum that was created for this purpose. The city’s masterplan has become an exemplary roadmap and has partly been adopted by the Danish National Agency for Energy Management.
- Renewable electricity
- Renewable heat source
- Energy efficiency or energy saving (renovation of buildings etc.)
- New technology piloting
- Biogas reactor
- Energy efficient windows, insulation etc.
- Heat pump for heating and/or cooling
- Internet application related to energy system or service
- Solar PV system
- Wind turbines
- Wave energy technologies (piloting)