Renginiai / Užsienyje
2019/11/26-27 - EU Conference on Modelling for Policy support
The Competence Centre on Modelling of the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission is organising the EU Conference on Modelling for Policy support on 26 – 27 November 2019 in Brussels.
The Conference will bring together researchers and policy makers involved in modelling activities from the Commission, European and international institutions and agencies, Member States, Universities, research institutes and consultancies.
Its aim is to identify common challenges and solutions in the use of models to support policy making.
· Mechthild Wörsdörfer, International Energy Agency
· Klaus Jacob, Freie Universität Berlin
Call for papers
Authors need to submit an extended abstract of maximum 2 pages (1000 words) in English by 30 June 2019. Acceptance will be notified by 6 September, 2009.
Contributions are expected to cover model development and use for policy development, assessment and implementation in the EU and in the Member States. They can refer for example to one or more of the following:
· Reference scenarios, model linkages and data for policy
· Integrated assessment modelling
· Complex system modelling and multicriteria decision making
· Ensuring model transparency and quality, including sensitivity and uncertainty analysis
· Combination of qualitative and quantitative methods
· Communication and visualization of model results
The contributions should focus on policy areas characterized by frequent use of models in support to policy making in the EU, such as agriculture, economics, energy, environment, transport, climate and risk. The submission of papers related to other policy fields is also possible.
Abstracts should clearly indicate the relevance and implications for model development and use in support to policy. Reference to concrete experiences, as well as the direct involvement of both scientists and policy makers in the presentation, is an asset.
For all information please visit the Conference webpage or contact EU-CONF-MOD@ec.europa.eu