PhD studies at Lithuanian Energy Institute for year 2020-2021 (info brochure)
Important dates and deadlines:
|Submission of applications:
||8 – 22 June, 2020
|| 25, 26, 29 June, 2020
||30 June, 2020 from 8 to 10 A.M
|Results of appeals:
||30 June, 2020 from 11 A.M.
|Notification of applicants about the competition results:
||30 June, 2020 from 1 P.M.
||2 – 3 July, 2020
Lithuanian Energy Institute in cooperation with Lithuanian universities implements joint doctoral studies in the following science fields:
- Power and Thermal Engineering (Technological Sciences) – in cooperation with Kaunas University of Technology;
- Environmental Engineering (Technological Sciences) – in cooperation with Kaunas University of Technology and Vytautas Magnus University;
- Economics (Social Sciences) – in cooperation with Kaunas University of Technology and Klaipėda University.
Who can apply for PhD studies:
Individuals with Master’s qualification degree or having graduated from one-level higher education system.
A PhD programme corresponds to 4 years studies (full-time mode) and consists of:
- Independent research under supervision;
- Courses for PhD students ( approx. 4 modules, 30 ECTS credits);
- Writing and publishing at least 2 scientific articles;
- Participating in at least 2 international conferences;
- The completion of a PhD thesis.
A doctoral degree is awarded by Kaunas university of Technology to a person who has successfully completed doctoral studies and defended a doctoral dissertation.
- Submit required documents:
– Application for admission;
– Copy of ID card or passport ID page;
– Curriculum Vitae;
– Master’s diploma or equivalent higher education degree and diploma supplement (translated into English or Lithuanian and certified by notarization)*;
– References by two academic referees or researchers in the field;
– List of applicant’s scientific publications and their copies or a research project on the selected PhD topic;
– One photo (3 cm x 4 cm);
– Certificate of English proficiency: IELTS ≥6.5, TOEFL≥90, ECFR≥C1, or equivalent;
– Other relevant documents (e.g. certification about passed examinations of doctoral studies’level, certifications of various courses, achievements etc.).
* If your education documents are issued in the country other than Lithuania, the document certifying your diplomas’ evaluation is obligatory
(see http://www.skvc.lt/en/ )
- Participate in motivational interviews online or in-place
- Sign a study agreement
The PhD studies can be financed by the budget of the Republic of Lithuania or a PhD student‘s personal finances
Scholarships for studies:
– Doctoral students admitted to state-funded positions receive monthly scholarships: during the 1st year of studies 741 Euro/month, during the 2nd-4th years of studies 858 Euro/month.
Visit the website of the Migration Department for requirements at www.migracija.lt.
Contact person: Jolanta Kazakevičienė