To reach the goals set by the “White Paper” and the “Kyoto Protocol” bio energy RTD will have to be enhanced significantly. The introduction of the European Research Area (ERA) will support this.
An Accompanying Measure on actions necessary for the implementation of ERA in the field of bio energy RTD should be carried out with the objectives:
- to develop strategies for measures to promote coordination between EU and the member states in the area of bio energy RTD policies and programmes, and
- to identify opportunities for short-term actions leading to the ERA for bio energy RTD.
The project consists of these tasks:
- A “Country survey”: Survey of national and EU RTD policies and programmes.
- B “Bio energy policies and programmes mapping”.
Total cost: 1 416 084 EUR
Coordinator: JOANNEUM RESEARCH FORSCHUNGSGESELLSCHAFT MBH, Austria
- AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH CENTRE OF GEMBLOUX, Belgium
- CENTRE FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES, Greece
- CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIONES ENERGETICAS, MEDIAMBIENTALES Y TECNOLOGICAS, Spain
- DANISH ENERGY AGENCY, Denmark
- FACHAGENTUR NACHWACHSENDE ROHSTOFFE E.V., Germany
- INSTITUTE OF PHYSICAL ENERGETICS, Latvia
- INSTITUTO SUPERIOR TECNICO, Portugal
- ITALIAN AGENCY FOR NEW TECHNOLOGY, ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, Italy
- JOZEF STEFAN INSTITUTE, Slovenia
- LITHUANIAN ENERGY INSTITUTE, Lithuania
- NETHERLANDS AGENCY FOR ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT, Netherlands
- SECRETARY OF STATE FOR TRADE AND INDUSTRY – DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY, United Kingdom
- SLOVAK UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, Slovakia
- SWEDISH NATIONAL ENERGY ADMINISTRATION, Sweden
- VYSOKA SKOLA BANSKA – TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF OSTRAVA, Czech Republic