DEXA-MCP extends and applies the ‘Motor Challenge’ programme to increase the use of energy efficient electric motor systems in the European industry. Electrical motor systems – e.g. for compressed air, pumping, fans, refrigeration – account for a large share of the electricity which industrial companies in Europe consume. There is hard evidence that these systems are an important potential source of energy savings. The DEXA-MCP project encourages the European industry sector to realise this potential: leading companies with effective energy efficiency plans are entitled to use the Motor Challenge Label. The project approach is based on communication, training, auditing, technical support, the development of decision-making tools and their integration into national energy programmes.
- Use the Motor Challenge label as an incentive for at least 120 companies to develop energy efficiency action plans.
- Technical modules to apply energy efficiency measures to refrigerating systems and industrial electrical networks.
- Simple, computer based decision support tools and a simple paper tool for SMEs.
- Extend the Motor Challenge label and related programme to new European countries, notably Finland, Slovenia and Lithuania, but also others.
- Create a real European ‘motor challenge programme’ brand with a wide range of activities organised under it.
Total cost: 1 836 524 EUR
Coordinator: Agence de l’Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l’Energie, France
- Agence de l’Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l’Energie, France
- Österreichische Energieagentur, Austria
- Motiva Oy, Finland
- AERE, France
- EB, France
- Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH, Germany
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V., Germany
- Centre for Renewable Energy Sources, Greece
- ENEA, Ente per le Nuove Tecnologie, L’energia e l’Ambiente, Italy
- Lithuanian Energy Institute, Lithuania
- NL Agency, Netherlands
- Agência para a Energia, Portugal
- ISR-University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Swedish Energy Agency, Sweden
|Juozas Vytautas Žiugžda|