New GreenLight extends the GreenLight project, launched in 2000, to the new EU member states. Under GreenLight, private and public organisations committed themselves to reducing energy use for lighting. New GreenLight wants to attract at least 101 new partners prepared to make the same kind of commitment and achieve energy savings of more than 18GWh per year. It will spread GreenLight know-how to the new member states.
- Partners who have been awarded the Greenlight Logo have together made energy savings of 42.3 GWh, much more than the 18 GWh initial estimate. Attendance at conferences and seminars has exceeded expectations. Over 290 people have attended seminars while more than 1 100 have attended conferences (500% more than expected).
- Up to 15 new GreenLight partners and nine new endorsers have joined the programme in each participating country.
- Promotional material has been produced in eight new languages.
Total cost: 862 985 EUR
Coordinator: SEVEn, Stredisko pro efektivni vyuzivani energie, o.p.s., Czech Republic
- Center for Energy Efficiency, Bulgaria
- Agence de l’Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l’Energie, France
- Ekodoma, Latvia
- Lithuanian Energy Institute, Lithuania
- Krajowa Agencja Poszanowania Energii S.A., Poland
- Romanian Agency for Energy Conservation, Romania
- Slovenská Energetická Agentúra, Slovakia
- Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia