Lithuanian Energy Institute offers promising studies in European Green Deal topics with great prospect of employment!
Lithuanian Energy Institute invites active students who have obtained a master’s degree in mathematics, physics, chemistry, energy, thermal engineering, materials engineering, electrical engineering, mechanics, environmental engineering, natural sciences, economics to contribute to the goals of the European Green Deal and apply to doctoral studies in the fields of Energetics and Power Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Economics.
Applicants for doctoral studies must submit the following documents:
- Application Form*, indicating the field of science, research topic and form of funding;
- List (full bibliographic description) and Copies of scientific publications, and in the absence of such works – a Research Paper**, the topic of which is in accordance with the topic of the dissertation specified in the application (if a candidate applies for two topics, two separate Research Papers must be submitted);
- Official legalised Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts. If said documents are issued in foreign institutions, they must be recognized in the Republic of Lithuania in accordance with the appropriate procedure (recognition of educational documents is carried out by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education https://www.skvc.lt/). The applicant must provide a document of recognition. ;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Recommendations by two academic referees or researchers from the relevant field of science. The recommendations have to be issued in the same calendar year when the candidate’s application is submitted. A recommendation has to explicitly specify the institution and the science field to which the candidate is being recommended;
- Copy of ID card or passport;
- Certificate of English proficiency: IELTS >=6.5, TOEFL>=90, ECFR>=C1, or equivalent
- Other relevant documents (copies of certificates of a course completion, certificate of passing doctoral level exam, etc.).
- * Application for admission to doctoral studies (F2-PA/B-03)
Completed by the candidate for doctoral studies. Submited to the LEI Studies Administrator.
- ** Procedure for the preparation and evaluation of the Research Paper
This document describes the requirements for a Research Paper submitted to the Doctoral Admission Competition by applicants who do not have previously published Scientific Publications.
The failure to provide on time all required documents will result in the exclusion from the competition.
Special requirements for certain programmes are indicated in the Admission Regulations.
Dates & Deadlines:
Submission of applications: 6 – 20 (till 3 P. M.) June, 2022
Motivational interviews: 28-30 June, 2022
Appeals: 1 July, 2022, from 8 to 10 A. M.
Results of appeals: 1 July, 2022, 4 P. M.
Notification of applicants about the competition results: 1 July, 2022, 4.30 P. M.
Study agreements: 5 July, 2022
Lietuvos energetikos institutas
Breslaujos st. 3, room AK-233.
44403 Kaunas, Lithuania.
tel. +370 37 401 809