Lithuanian Energy Institute offers promising studies in European Green Deal topics with great prospect of employment!
Lithuanian Energy Institute invites active students who have obtained a master’s degree in mathematics, physics, chemistry, energy, thermal engineering, materials engineering, electrical engineering, mechanics, environmental engineering, natural sciences, economics to contribute to the goals of the European Green Deal and apply to doctoral studies in the fields of Energetics and Power Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Economics.
The competition takes place in June. Follow updates on our website and social media. Meanwhile you are welcome to browse through a list of topics offered for the upcoming 2023 Admission.
Regulations for admission to doctoral studies
- 2023 Regulations of Admission to the Third Cycle Studies at Lithuanian Energy Institute
This document describes the procedure for admission to Joint Doctoral Studies: dates, list of admission documents, selection criteria for entrants, structure and calculation of the competitive score, annual cost of studies, etc.
Applicants for doctoral studies must submit the following documents:
- Application Form*, indicating the field of science, research topic and form of funding;
- List (full bibliographic description) and Copies of scientific publications, and in the absence of such works – a Research Paper**, the topic of which is in accordance with the topic of the dissertation specified in the application (if a candidate applies for two topics, two separate Research Papers must be submitted).
- Official legalised Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts. If said documents are issued in foreign institutions, they must be recognized in the Republic of Lithuania in accordance with the appropriate procedure (recognition of educational documents is carried out by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education https://www.skvc.lt/). The applicant must provide a document of recognition.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Recommendations by two academic referees or researchers from the relevant field of science. The recommendations have to be issued in the same calendar year when the candidate’s application is submitted. A recommendation has to explicitly specify the institution and the science field to which the candidate is being recommended.
- Copy of ID card or passport.
- Certificate issued by IELTS, TOEFL, CEFR or any other competent institution within the last 2 years certifying the level of the English language.
- Other relevant documents (copies of certificates of a course completion, certificate of passing doctoral level exam, etc.).
- * Application for admission to doctoral studies (F2-PA/B-03)
Completed by the candidate for doctoral studies. Submited to the LEI Studies Administrator.
- ** Procedure for the preparation and evaluation of the Research Paper
This document describes the requirements for a Research Paper submitted to the Doctoral Admission Competition by applicants who do not have previously published Scientific Publications.
All specific requirements for each programme are indicated in the 2023 Regulations of Admission to the Third Cycle Studies at Lithuanian Energy Institute (see above).
Failure to provide on time all required documents will result in the exclusion from the competition.
Dates and Deadlines:
Submission of applications: 5 – 23 (till 1 p.m.) June, 2023
Motivational interviews: 28-30 June, 2023
Appeals: 3 July, 2023, from 8 to 10 a.m.
Results of appeals: 3 July, 2023, 4 p.m.
Notification of applicants about the competition results: 3 July, 2023, 4:30 p.m.
Study agreements: 4 July, 2023, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. and 5 July, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Address to deliver documents to:
Lietuvos energetikos institutas
Breslaujos st. 3, room AK-233.
44403 Kaunas, Lithuania.
tel. +370 37 401 809