District heating and cooling (DHC) have the potential to significantly contribute towards attaining the ambitious EU energy policy targets for 2020. According to the IEE supported Ecoheatcool study, growth of modern DHC systems in Europe will entail major contributions to better energy efficiency (reducing 2.6% of European primary energy supply), security of supply (reducing 5.5% of European primary energy supply), increased renewable energies integration and big carbon footprint reductions (9.3% of all CO2 emissions from fuel combustion). Following up on the recommendations outlined in Ecoheatcool and as part of an overall strategy to realise this important potential in the time horizon 2015-2020, ‘ECOHEAT4EU’ aims to comprehensively survey and analyse support legislation for DHC in a wide range of European countries and to present policy-makers with tools to improve the legislative environment for DHC. 14 countries are directly targeted by the project (DE,UK,FR, ES, CZ, LT, IT, IE, RO, HR, NO, DK, FIN and SW). The countries are selected to provide a representative geographical picture of Europe and to allow an effective transfer of knowledge, experiences and best practices.
- Project outcomes trigger positive policy and/or legislative initiatives in the target countries.
- DHC stakeholders support the main project outcomes, taking these into consideration in their activities and strategies.
- The DH Barometer is consulted by national, European and international policy-makers and DHC stakeholders alike.
- EU policy-makers accept feedback and take it into account while elaborating future initiatives.
- Project outcomes are communicated, both targeted and widely.
Bendra projekto vertė: 953 115 EUR
Koordinatorius: Euroheat & Power AISBL, Belgija
- Euroheat & Power AISBL, Belgija
- Lithuanian Energy Institute, Lietuva
- Halmstad University, Švedija
- Building Research Establishment Limited, Jungtinė Karalystė
- Aiguasol (SISTEMES AVANCATS DE ENERGIA SOLAR TERMICA SCCL), Ispanija
- Swedish District Heating Association, Švedija
- Association for District Heating of the Czech Republic, Čekijos Respublika
- DTTN (Trentino Technological Cluster), Italija
- Danish District Heating Association, Danija
- Finnish Energy Industries, Suomija
- Romanian Heat & Power Association Cogen Romania, Rumunija
- Norwegian District Heating Association, Norvegija
- Energy Institute Hrvoje Pozar, Kroatija
- RPS, Airija
- AGFW Projekt, Vokietija
- French District Heating And Cooling Association, Prancūzija