According to the projections based on likely remaining life-times of the World’s legacy nuclear fleet, the workload and budgets to be dedicated for nuclear decommissioning is going to increase even further for the next one or two decades. This trend has been recognized for some years now and, as a result, may countries and organisations have started or strengthened investment into key technologies expected to significantly reduce costs and ensure high level safety of the on-going and upcoming decommissioning projects. During this process, it has been recognised that, while there are specific issues relevant for only a few projects, manly of the key needs and related technologies addressed are similar across countries and organisations, and, on an international level, there are a lot of redundancies in the research and development programmes initiated. Hence, facilitated by international networks and working-groups, organisations and countries having a strong interest in application of new technologies for improving decommissioning projects concluded that strengthening collaboration among technology providers and end-users on an international level has the potential for providing extensive mutual benefits for all collaborating partners.
The SHARE project is a coordination and support action, financed under the H2020 programme of the European Commission and carried out by a very large international consortium, aiming at facilitating development and application of new decommissioning technologies and methods by providing better coordination among stakeholders in Europe and worldwide. Some of the specific aims of the project is to conduct a survey for understanding the global landscape of capability gaps and on-going research and development activities, as well as develop collaborative roadmaps informing and facilitating practical collaboration among members of the consortium and other stakeholders, as well as definition of future European framework programmes.
SHARE intends to provide an inclusive roadmap for Research, in technical and non-technical fields, enabling stakeholders to jointly improve safety, reduce costs and minimize environmental impact in the decommissioning of nuclear facilities. Through a consultation process among the worldwide community involved in the decommissioning value chain, the project is committed to:
- Building confidence in the steps needed for the generation of knowledge on decommissioning and its safety, economic and environmental aspects.
- Assist policy makers in future decisions about which research areas are most appropriate for financial support over the coming decades.
- Create synergies, cooperation and coordination between the decommissioning stakeholder community and with other international platforms and organisations in Europe and beyond,
- Engage universities and research laboratories in the innovative approaches, contributing to the maintenance of key skills in decommissioning and environmental remediation and to the development of young engineers in this growing field.
A Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) will be set up to define main decommissioning research actions needing a coordinated effort over the next years and in particular those actions for which enhanced cooperation within the shareholder community are desirable and achievable.
Bendra projekto vertė: 1 525 925 EUR (LEI dalis: 77 625 EUR)
Koordinatorius: COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES, Prancūzija
- EFFICIENT INNOVATION SAS, Prancūzija
- EMPRESA NACIONAL DE RESIDUOS RADIACTIVOS S.A., Ispanija
- INSTITUTT FOR ENERGITEKNIKK, Norvegija
- JRC -JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE- EUROPEAN COMMISSION, Belgija
- KARLSRUHER INSTITUT FUER TECHNOLOGIE, Vokietija
- LIETUVOS ENERGETIKOS INSTITUTAS, Lietuva
- NATIONAL NUCLEAR LABORATORY LIMITED, Jungtinė Karalystė
- STUDIECENTRUM VOOR KERNENERGIE / CENTRE D’ETUDE DE L’ENERGIE NUCLEAIRE, Belgija
- SOCIETA’ GESTIONE IMPIANTI NUCLEARI PER AZIONI, Italija
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy, Suomija
Projektas finansuojamas Europos Sąjungos mokslinių tyrimų ir inovacijų programos „Horizontas 2020“ lėšomis, dotacijos sutartis Nr. 847626.
|Vardas, pavardė||kabinetas||tel. nr.||el. paštas|